Internal Reference Number: FOI_5917
Date Request Received: 12/11/2020 09:18:19
Date Request Replied To: 02/12/2020 09:32:04
This response was sent via: By Email
Request Summary: cyber-attacks (both failed and successful) on SFT since 2015
Request Category: Private Individuals
|Question Number 1:|
Please could the Trust provide a list of all cyber-attacks (both failed and successful) on NHS hospitals falling under your remit, in each year since 2015 (including broader cyber-attacks which include these hospitals). Where possible, please could you split the data as follows:
• Ideally, I am requesting only those cyber-attacks identified as or suspected of a) coming from a source within Russia or China; or b) emanating from any individual(s) or group(s) known to have, or suspected of having, links to the Russian or Chinese state. In each instance, please could you make clear which country the attack relates to.
• If this is not possible, please could you make clear whether an attack is thought to have come from inside/outside the UK.
In each instance, I am also requesting the following information:
• The severity of the attack, where it has been noted (e.g. low, medium, high).
• The outcome of successful attacks. For example: were documents stolen (and how many)? Was confidential data stolen (and how much)? Were any operations or other NHS processes cancelled or delayed as a result (and how many)?
• The cost to the NHS, where that cost is easily deductible/accessible. This could include but is not limited to a) delayed or cancelled operations, lost data, etc.; b) the security/staffing cost of defending against an attack; c) any consequent legal costs e.g. lawsuits filed successfully against the NHS as a result of personal data theft. If this part of the request is unduly onerous, please disregard.
|Answer To Question 1:|
Please see attached refusal notice, explaining why the Trust will not be releasing this information.
|To return to the list of all the FOI requests please click here|
Our staff at Salisbury District Hospital have long been well regarded for the quality of care and treatment they provide for our patients and for their innovation, commitment and professionalism. This has been recognised in a wide range of achievements and it is reflected in our award of NHS Foundation Trust status. This is afforded to hospitals that provide the highest standards of care.